RIP Chic Brodie, ex SNP MSP

Former South of Scotland MSP Chic Brodie passed away yesterday. He was a member of the Scottish National Party and an advocate for Scottish independence. Belonging to the liberal wing of the party, he left after the Brexit referendum and stood as an independent candidate in South Ayrshire. In 2020, he founded an Eurosceptic Scottish nationalist party, called Scotia Future, in order to contest the 2021 elections to the Scottish Parliament. I had the opportunity to meet him during the pandemic, as I was researching on Scottish independence and needed to cover all the perspectives to analyse the SNP's plans. I reached out to him, due to his experience as an MSP and his time in the party, and he explained the reasons why he believed an independent Scotland shouldn't join the European Union. Thanks to him and many other politicians, my Master's degree final dissertation was awarded with a fantastic grade and I learned a lot about Scotland and its independence movement. I will always be grateful to him.

I am very sad to hear about his passing, my thoughts are with his family and friends. May he rest in peace.

Lorena.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario