Interview with Rob Currie, Conservative candidate in Harraby North, Carlisle

 Interview with Rob Currie, Conservative candidate in Harraby North, Carlisle

  • Why a Conservative candidate in Harraby North? 


The Conservatives are largely very good at standing candidates in every ward. On a personal level, I have decided to stand here as I have lived here for six years and feel that the area needs a change. 

 

 

 

  • What are the main issues you want to prioritise in this campaign? 


As with every local election, the priorities remain local issues. My main focus has been on keeping council tax to low levels, especially given that we have cut the number of councils locally from 7 down to 2, and this should save money. More generally locally the issues tend to be the state of the roads and the potholes in them, cleanliness of streets, and the number of closed businesses/shops in the city. These will be my main priorites if elected. 

 

 

  • Why are the Conservatives the best alternative to the other parties in your area? 


Harraby North has never had a Conservative Councillor before, and I think people need to see a change in the area rather thanSame old same old”. I’m a hardworker as evidenced by my personal life and also by work I did as councillor in another ward in the city. It doesn’t necessarily have to be the party that matters in Harraby North: it should be the candidate. 



 

I wish you the very best of luck in the election, 

 

Thank you very much, 

 

Lorena 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario